Friday, June 20, 2008

Getting involved in the food blog community

Over the past week I've been trying to become a bigger part of the food blog community. I love nothing more than to read food blogs, and it's also a really beautiful thing to make new online buddies that share the same passion for cooking and baking as I do. Not to mention finding great new reading material.

In order to do this, I've decided to participate in some online cooking clubs (besides Leite's Culinaria and Food Network's Cooking Club Challenge, which I was already participating in) and even join a foodie blogroll.

Not just a foodie blogroll -- the foodie blogroll. Jenn of The Leftover Queen has been gracious enough to create a huge blogroll just for food blogs. I joined this week and have already found so many wonderful new food blogs because of my membership (not to mention some new readers of my own). It's a generous thing Jenn's done by creating the blogroll, and I'm glad I joined.

But I'm not stopping there. I've also joined the Daring Bakers, a monthly cooking club run by fellow Canuck Ivonne (of Cream Puffs in Venice) and Lis of La Mia Cucina. It looks like I'll be making my first recipe through the group in July, and I couldn't be more excited. Past recipes include Opera Cake, Cheesecake Pops (I bought some lollipop sticks to "retroactively" participate, and French Bread. Yum.

Because I like a good challenge, I'm also joining the famous Tuesdays With Dorie baking group, as soon as my copy of Baking: From My Home to Yours arrives. I'm hoping to feel like an at-home pastry chef by the time we've made our way through the entire book. Hopefully that's not too lofty a goal. If you're interested in joining, Baking... is only $13 at Amazon.com right now! That's even cheaper than I've been able to find on ebay. Now, hopefully those pesky US/Canada border workers won't make me pay duty.

There always seems to be one foodie event or another going on. A great place to check out, if you're feeling like joining in, is Is My Blog Burning? which is a great resource for finding upcoming events in the food blog community. You might want to try Presto Pasta Nights if you feel like cooking pasta. If you're Canadian or even just like Canada, you could participate in Mmm...Canada, a Canadian-ingredient inspired cooking event that's planned to coincide with Canada Day. I'm hoping to make some goodies for that particular event this weekend. Rhubarb mojitos, anyone?

1 comments:

Anonymous February 10, 2010 at 11:33:00 AM EST  

blackberry prolleniums ksxkkyk equal railway relying scanningwe downed embassies lewgu hagar
lolikneri havaqatsu

  © Blogger templates 'Sunshine' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP