Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Tuesdays With Dorie Rewind: Rick Katz's Brownies for Julia


This week's Tuesdays With Dorie is something I've been looking forward to for quite awhile. Instead of baking a particular recipe, we've been given the chance to go back in the archives and bake something we missed the first time around.

It's like time travel for desserts.

I chose Rick Katz's Brownies for Julia because Dorie's brownies recipes are the best I've ever had, and I assumed that this recipe would be no different. I voted for the safe bet. But I'm glad I did.

Texturally speaking, these brownies are half-fudge and half-brownies. They're incredibly rich. But as you can see, that didn't stop my husband and me from indulging.

For the recipe, visit Chocolate Chic.

9 comments:

Flourchild November 23, 2010 at 6:44:00 PM EST  

They look very good and rich! I remember baking these, we loved them! It's fun to see what everyone bakes for the rewind. I made the BB crumb cake..again!!

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family! Eat tons!!

Peggy the Baker November 23, 2010 at 9:38:00 PM EST  

I also made brownies--can't really go wrong with chocolate!

Eliana November 23, 2010 at 10:25:00 PM EST  

Hmmm - they look sinfully delicious! And Peggy is right - you can never go wrong with chocolate. I couldn't be trusted around these.

Hindy November 24, 2010 at 6:18:00 AM EST  

Mmm...brownies. These look dense and yummy. I could eat the pan a forkful at a time. Nicely done!

Kitchen Roadie November 24, 2010 at 4:23:00 PM EST  

These do look very good! My wife and I have gotten into the habit of freezing brownies after we make them. It puts them out of sight so we're not as tempted to eat them all at once!

nursing scrubs November 25, 2010 at 2:38:00 AM EST  

When it comes to cooking, I’m having second thoughts, it’s just that I am not so good at it; I really don’t have the magic to make such tasty food. Good for you :)

matty November 26, 2010 at 8:36:00 PM EST  

YUM-O

Chats the Comfy Cook November 28, 2010 at 5:12:00 AM EST  

What a great choice for the rewind. Look at all fudgy chocolate. I really have to make these soon.

Wordpress Customization December 20, 2010 at 11:33:00 AM EST  

I am sure my daughter will love this. Anyway, thank you for sharing this recipe. Right now, I am thinking on cooking this one on weekend.

  © Blogger templates 'Sunshine' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP