Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Tuesdays With Dorie: Honey-Wheat Cookies


A month with two batches of Dorie cookies is a very good month, indeed. After my turn hosting Dorie's chocolate chip cookie recipe last week (yay!), it's time to pass the torch - can you tell I've been watching the Olympics nonstop? - to another cookie recipe, chosen by Michelle of Flourchild.

Honey-Wheat Cookies. Honey-laden, lemon-infused, wheat germ cookies. It all sounds a bit hippie-ish, but really, these are the kind of cookies that belong beside tea, not wheatgrass juice (or whatever it is that hippies drink).

The lemon zest lends its bright intensity, and the wheat germ is a really nice touch. It adds texture and a nice wholesome flavour. These disappeared around here, almost before I was able to photograph them! A definite make-again recipe.

Thanks for the pick, Michelle! You can find the recipe on her blog.

9 comments:

Paula February 23, 2010 at 7:22:00 AM EST  

Love your description of these cookies. I think I need to take the same writing class as you.

Amanda February 23, 2010 at 7:52:00 AM EST  

Glad you liked them so much! I thought they were pretty good, but not a fave. Probably because of the lack of chocolate LOL

Leslie February 23, 2010 at 10:07:00 AM EST  

They look terrific! I skipped the honey and lemon and went with maple syrup instead, and they were very popular.

erin February 23, 2010 at 12:34:00 PM EST  

I agree- these are going in my "make again" pile. I love these cookies! Your cookies look great!

Susan February 23, 2010 at 1:19:00 PM EST  

Your review is perfect! These were so good. I had mine with coffee and love them!

Brent (Cookapalooza) February 23, 2010 at 4:16:00 PM EST  

These cookies look like they would pair up nicely with a cup of "lemon-infused", "honey-laden" tea.

matty February 23, 2010 at 5:43:00 PM EST  

These cookies were great. Not as good as the lase ones though!

MaryBeth February 24, 2010 at 9:33:00 PM EST  

The cookies look wonderful..I would eat them with a big glass of milk.

Pamela February 26, 2010 at 9:29:00 PM EST  

Cookies are so fun to bake, and so easy, too. I added extra lemon to these, and I really thought they were simple and quite tasty.

  © Blogger templates 'Sunshine' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP